I am not teaching this quarter.
I have mentored a number of undergraduate research projects through Yale’s SUMRY program.
Summer 2021, I led a project on cylinder configurations on translation surfaces with Juliet Aygun, Janet Barkdoll, Jenavie Lorman, and Theodore Sandstrom. The paper is currently in preparation.
I have also co-mentored two projects with Ian Adelstein.
Krish Desai, Anthony Ji, and Grace Zdeblick. “Oblivious points on translation surfaces” (paper)
Arthur Azvolinsky, Josh Hinman, and Alex Schlesinger. “Minimizing geodesics on doubled polygons” (paper)
I am also a regular mentor for the Yale DRP. I have led projects on the following topics with the following people:
- Rational points on elliptic curves (Fall 2021)
Ben Foxman, Max Kong, and Izzi Trindade
- Lie groups and homogeneous spaces (Spring 2021)
Ines Chung-Halpern, Jeffrey Ma, and Theo Sandstrom
- Braid groups (Spring 2020)
Quinn Crawford, Dawit Mengesha, Rajiv Nelakanti, and Akiva Weinberger
- Riemann surfaces and dessins d’enfants (Spring 2019)
Alex Cohen and Zach Effman
- An introduction to geometric group theory (Fall 2018)
Jack Brownrigg and Sonali Durham